Had a jaw surgery with incision in front of the ear. Painful blister formed. Is this related to the surgery? Any home remedy?

I recently had jaw surgery with incision in front of the ear. I have developed a blister (like those when breaking in new shoes) behind my ear in the crease between my ear and head. My surgeon said its not related to my surgery. It is painful, red n looks as tho it might be filled with fluid. Any ideas as to how I got it and home treatment? It worries me. I had gotten one a week ago and picked until it scaled off but never completely healed and now another has erupted...
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013