Had a herniated disk, urine test showed RBC, painful on lower thoracic area. Do I have kidney stones?

I had a blood test review for my thyroid last week. The doctor kept looking back at my urine test RBC 8 and kept coming back and asking if I had Kidney stones . I would tell him no but he asked me as if he was expected me to change my mind and say yes. Today I m on my back because I herniated a disc which is not uncommon for me in the L4& L5 area. However this pain is different. It is in the lower thoracic area and the diaphram. Looking on the computer I see that there is a possibility that it may be the kidneys. I will have it looked at on Monday unless you think I should go right away. Thanks, Lynn -female age 55 It s not the gal bladder as I had it removed already.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013