Had a heart attack, had a stent, had blockage, on pacemaker. Treatable?

Hi, wondering if maybe you could answer a couple questions for me. My mom is 67 years old. She had a heart attack about 15 years ago but thought that it was just the flu , so it went untreated for a long time. About 3 months ago she had a stent put in. She had 80% blockage. There is still blockage that is not treatable because of the length of time it has been like that. After the stent surgery, she says that she has good days and bad days. She went to the doctor for checkup yesterday and he told her that her heart is still only functioning at 20%. The stent did not help. He told her that he does not know why her heart function is that low. So he recommended that she have a pace maker and defib put in. My question is.... what are the pros and cons of the pacemaker. She doesn t want to do the pacemaker because the stent procedure didn t help. So she feels that the pacemaker will be a waste of time as well. Will she feel better after placement? She said that she doesn t want to do it if it is just going to prolong life. She wants to feel better. Could you please give me some of the pros and cons and maybe some good questions that she should ask the doctor? Thank you so much for any help you can give me!
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013