Had a heart attack, angioplasty done, hypertension. Bypass recommended?

Hi doctor, my dad had an heart attack 3 weeks back , had an angioplasty and a stent was put in LAD that was 99 percent blocked and now there r still 2 more vessels with branches that are 80 percent blocked ... My dad has diabetes from 25 years and hypertension from 10 years and also has kidney disease ( kidney function is 50%) .. He has no pain in chest no breathing problem no symptom at all , he is walking 30 minutes regularly and 2 days back eko was taken which showed 55% ejaction rate ... He is on plavix , aspirin , nitro and few more for blood pressure and cholestrol ... Now the question is what should be our next step , I visited few doctors and they all recommend bypass surgery where as one of the cardiosurgeon was not sure whther bypass will benefit more or risk more , ao he thought of taking medicine and healthy diet and exercise approach , plss i need ur advice whether he should or this major bypass surgery or just carry on with healthy lifestyle because he has no problem no pain nothing
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013