Had a fracture of metacarpal bones. After removing cast hands still swollen, painful. Suggestions?

Hi, Almost 21 days before (19th Aug 2012), due to a very misdirected left punch (in sheer anger) on the wall, I broke my 5th Metacarpal bones almost near the base ( near to wrist ). as per orthopedic surgeon. The doctor didnt think i would need surgery though they did indicate that a little mount will remain after bone healing , but it wont effect my normal working Now today i have remove the cast, and as per doctor, I can do, infact , I should resume all the previous activites I was doing before. But Now my hand has swollen , and I also feel the pain around my (semi) healed bones.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013