Had a flu, stuffed sinus, pressure in eyes, swollen lymph nodes. What is wrong?

I had a flu around November 17th 2012. I thought it will run it s course but it later resulted in left year being infected along with stuffed sinus . I went to 2 internal medicine doctors and finaly to an ENT around 3rd week of Decemer 2012. He cleaned the ear I an I felt better but sinus situation did not improve. I had pressure around the eyes and head. first week of January I noticed a swollen periauricular lymph node next to left ear. Went back to ENt on January 9th , had an ultrasound that confirmed that all was fine with Thyroid but the lymoph node was enlarged to the size of 1.3 x0.9. CT scan of sinus showed left side was stuffed. January 21st I felt that swelling od the node is increased. Went back to ENT, did another ultrasound which showed that it increased to 1.7 x 1.0 What could be the reason.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013