Had a flashback involving operating room, nurses, an abortion and fear. hat is the meaning of this?

Hello,Dr.Samuel. This is difficult to write,but I have had a flashback of having an abortion when only a teen-a young teen(13,or 14).In this flashback I am in an operating room-I was watching myself like watching a movie.I am on a table,and there are several people in this room,and a big bright light shining on my face.I am laying there crying-I keep saying, No! Leave me alone!Please,I don t want to do this.Please,help me! Please,I don t want to do this. I am crying,and begging for them to stop,but they don t.I see myself with my legs up,and a blue sheet over them.Then a very cold ,robotic acting nurse(all the nurses are wearing white,short dresses with white caps,and white shoes-the kind they wore in the 70 s.) is standing at my side and holding my hand .She is harsh,and keeps telling me to be quiet,and that it will be fine.But she does nothing to make the doctor stop.I smell an overwhelming stench of rubbing alcohol ,and my body feels heavy from the drugs they have given me.I keep on crying,and the cold nurse keeps telling me to hush . Then I came out of the flashback. I had this happen while in the mall,in a store that had bright lights everywhere.And all of a sudden the present was gone,and the store became an operating room. It was so scary,as this never happened to me before.I am 48,and this happened about 5 yrs ago. I can t find anyone to tell me what happened.Have you ever heard of this before?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Public Forum

This kind of flashbacks are common in post traumatic stress disorder. In this stress-or used to very severe for sufferer. If this flashback occur only 5 year back, then no need to worry.

If problem is very severe and leading to frequent interpersonal problems, then for assessment and treatment, you can visit specialist like psychiatrist.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal