Had a fibula fracture in the past. Pain in the lower leg and ankle. Had modified brostrom repair of ankle. Increased nerve pain. Due to complications in surgery?

Hello, I had a fibula fracture two years ago. Recently I began experiencing a lot of pain in the lower leg and ankle. After physical therapy I had an EMG and MRI. I had a stretched atfl and 50% loss of conductivity in the peroneal nerve starting at the head of the fibula. The surgeon recommended no action taken for the nerve, but a month ago I had the modified brostrom repair on the atfl. Since, I have had very increased nerve pain and sensitivity. The outer toes and top of the foot are very painful even to touch. This has become worse in the last few days, along with increased swelling in the foot and lower leg and mottled skin up to the thigh. I am very concerned that I may be having some sort of complication from surgery. Is waiting several days for my next appointment appropriate?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  54 Awaiting Answer