Had a fall, swelling in bone, lump on cheek. What now?

Hello, my boyfriend had a nasty fall and hit his face badly. He went to the hospital and was told different things. What I'm wondering is, it's been a few days now and his cheek around his bone is swollen and really hard...could it be broken? It kind of feels like a baseball in his cheek where the bone should be but it's swollen as well and the swell of it is hard.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
The hard swelling on the cheek is likely to be due to a hematoma formation in the area. This is likely to resolve on its own in few weeks. Please do not worry. He can do a hot fomentation in the area to hasten the healing.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,