Had a fall on right knees. Having pain, swollen, hurts to touch, bruise. What is wrong?

I was playing softball today when I slid and fell on my right knee very hard. At first there wasn t too much pain, but it soon kept increasing. Towards the end of practice I checked my knee and it was very swollen and hurt to touch. There is now a bruise where I hit my knee directly and and rather large bump on the inside of my knee where nothing hit. All around my knee is in a lot of pain and I ve been icing it on and off. It s still swollen but not as bad but it throbs when I stand up. It is also painful to bend my knee. What is wrong?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013