Had a fall earlier. CT scan reported a temporal contusion which was evacuated. On medication. Should it be continued?

I fell down on the road in February 2012. Was unconscious. A CT scan revealed a right temporal contusion which was surgically evacuated.I was prescribed Levipil 500 mg twice daily. Strocit 500mg was given, thrice daily, for 10 months and later withdrawn. I am also taking Ecosprin 150 MG once daily. I am diabetic and HT for which I am taking Glyciphage 850 mg twice daily, Amaryl 3 mg once daily and Envas 5mg once daily. A recent MRI of the brain showed ," ex vacuo changes involving the right temporal region with development of glyosis" I had no seizures, then why is the Neurologist asking me to continue Levipil 500 mg twice daily for life? I recently went to Columbia Asia Hospital. Here the Neurologist asked me to discontinue Levipil and take Tegretol CR 200 mg in the morning and 300 mg at night and Frisium 10 mg at night.Also advised CT angiogram of brain and neck. I have not started on Tegretol and Frisium. Can I change over /
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013