Had a fall, applying voltarol cream, pain still remains. Recommendations?

hi i had a fall monday last, i put my hands out to break the fall and hit the wall very hard. im 62 and have c o p d asthma , the pain is cronic the doctor gave me codene tablets and thats it. i have booked a xray for tuesday after the holiday as they arnt open over easter, but was told to go to a&e if i get worse.. im in terrible pain and we are using voltarol cream but nothing takes the pain away. carnt lie down the pain is unberable.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013