Had a fall and broke ribs of lower back. Started to vomit, diarrhea. Is it due to accident?

I recently fell and broke two ribs on my lower back and suffered a puncture wound that required thirty stitches. I was released from the hospital the same day with instructions to keep it clean and get some rest. Unfortunately, I live alone and was completed leveled when I started to vomit uncontrollably. Without in 5 hours it was both diarrhea and vomiting . This lasted for almost two days without a break. Somehow I manage to reach out for help and got some fluids and a babysitter. I am better now but extremely weak and can only eat bland food. I still have mild diarrhea. Is there a correlation to my accident and the onset of flu like symptoms.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013