Had a discectomy 14 weeks ago, having severe pain, blood test shows low RBC, high ESR. Does she need antibiotics ?

Evening doctor my partner had a discectomy l4/5 3 weeks ago. she is experiencing severe pain, her blood test results came with low rbc count and high levels of both ESR at 80mm/hr AND CRP at 43 mg/l. she wekas discharged from hospital with no antibiotics prescribed which has really surprised me!. My question is , would she need to be admitted to hospital ? and for how long? would she have antibiotics prescribed? ps her wbc and platelet counts are both normal. thanks very much
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012