Had a crown placed on a tooth. Now its slightly moving. How difficult is it to replace a crown, especially if the crown in question has a post already installed?

Hello there,
About 10 years ago I had a crown placed on a tooth that had previously been home to a huge amalgam filling. I have had zero trouble out of this tooth until recently. About a month ago I noticed that the crown felt loose and if I press straight up on the crown with my tongue, It feels like it is moving up (ever so slightly). This tooth has not had a root canal and when I have seen x-rays of the tooth since then, I notice what looks like a tiny metal rod that goes down into what tooth was left. I assume this was because there wasn't much tooth remaining after removing the filling material. My issue is that I am leary of having this tooth checked out because I don't want to lose it as it is toward the front of my mouth. How difficult is it to replace a crown? especially if the crown in question has a post already installed? Thanks so much
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013