Had a cough after eating spice and choked. Why do I have trouble breathing? Spices in lungs?

I had a cough for a few days and one night I was eating a Spicy Hot soup bowl and I choked on it, I had a choking episode for about 10 minutes and could hardly catch my breath. Eventually, through all the coughing and getting my breath back, I felt ok. Ever since then once a night for 11 nights I wake up coughing as if I inhaled liquid. It only happens once every night after sleeping for about 2-3 hours. Last night was the worst, I actually woke up and could not breathe at all and I panicked. I was about to pass out before air finally got through and reached my lungs. What s even more terrifying is that after I caught my breathe I started coughing and burping, ever burp tasted idenically to the Spicy Hot soup bowl and I hadn t had it since I choked on it 12 days ago. Im scared to sleep. What could this be? Did I drown on soup or have spices in my lungs? And if so, what do I do?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012