Had a colonoscopy, was colitis, have bloody mucus. Is that normal?

I had a colonoscopy about a year ago and was told it was coilitis but that the medication would take care of it. I took the medication and it seemed to help for a couple of months. I have progressivly started having bloody mucus when I used the restroom, now it is about 95% of the time I use the restroom (which is several times a day). Is that something that I need to be concerned about or is that just one of the symptoms of coilitis that I will need to take the medication again for?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013