Had a car accident. Given 10mg of oxycodone. Will I experience opiate withdrawal?

Hi my name is Terri. I was in a car accident and have been put on 10mg of Oxycodone . I have been taking approximately 6 weeks, about every 2 1/2 hours. Sometimes I can go up to 4 hours. I want to get off of them as my back has been doing better. I feel like they are controlling me and I hate it. Will I experience an opiate withdrawal at this point, and do you think this is something I can do on my own. My doctor is always so rushed and said just start taking one less pill a day. What should I expect. I really need answers. Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013