Had a bike accident, causing a road rash, yellow scabbing around outer edge. Is it infected?

I got in a bike accident on 3/23 and received road rash extending from my left wrist right past my elbow , and on my right knee . I ve been washing with soap/water and covering with bactin ointment, airing it during the day. The deeper parts are white/yellowish, though the wound is no longer weeping. It actually hurts less today than yesterday and swelling has gone down. However, I want to make sure it isn t infected. It s tender immediately around the wounds, and as I said, they re yellow/white, and scabbing around the outer edges.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013