Had a bee bite. Tired of carrying around my epi-pen. What could be done?

Hi-I had a bad reaction to a bite-spider or bee-don t know in 2009. Was sitting in a lawn camp chair just out of the sleeve in mid afternoon and became very ill in Sheboygan, WI. Did not go to hospital (were at a party outside) and after I got home slept. (Got sick to my stomach on the way home and sweating) I am now 58 years old and am tired of carrying around my epi-pen. My doctor says I will need. I did have a male cousin in Eau Claire, WI who was stung in the neck by a hornet a few years ago and basically died instantly. Advise?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013