Had a TFCC tear repaired through arthroscopic surgery, wrist ulnar shortening surgery, pain in wrists. Reasons ?

I had a TFCC tear 7 years ago that was repaired through arthroscopic surgery. 1 year later, I had a wrist ulnar shortening surgery because of recurrent pain in the wrist and again a TFCC tear. It felt better for 6 years, but 6 months ago, while cleaning, I was spraying a table when suddenly I felt a very sharp pain in my wrist again (I did not fall it just happened when spraying a table). Since then I have periods of days (4 or 5 days) in a row during which my wrist does not hurt very much/feels pretty good, and days in a row where I can barely move it and it s very painful. When I rotate it in a prone position, my wrist is very shaky, whether or not it s a good day (but worse on bad days). I got 2 steroid shots, and have tried resting, wearing a splint , and physical therapy but it s not getting better. Because I have screws in my wrist (x-rays suggest that the hardware is still in place correctly), I can t do an MRI . What could be the problem with my wrist? Also, are there any tests (imaging) other than an MRI that could be done (except another wrist arthroscopy )? Thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013