Had a C-section. On amikacin and frisiun. Continue eptoin for?

Hello Doc, I want to ask about my niece. She born on 10th Aug 2012 with C section(maconium baby). On 12th she had high fever with upward rolling of her eyes. She was admitted into emergency PICU. Where she was kept for one day. Blood tests shows high level of leucocytes and diagnosed with Septecemia. To rule out Meningitis they perform LP in which blood came,So they also got a CT scan done. However, it was normal. Then they kept her for 7 days and gave Amikacin and Frisium . Now they have given her oral suspension of Eptoin (bd). I just want to know for how long we should continue Eptoin. Is there any side efects of Eptoin. Thanx. Kind Regards. Bhawna.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012