Had UTI. Now test show positive leukocytes. What is the cure?

I am experiencing back to back UTI's for the past 5 months now. I've been taking all preventative measures (peeing after and showering before intercourse) but they still keep coming back. I took an AZO at home UTI test and came back with positive leukocytes and negative nitrites. It's been a very uncomfortable journey. Is there anything else I can do to prevent these? Could my doctors just be treating me for nitrites and not leukocytes?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013