Had Thyroidectomy done. Thyroid levels keep changing. Had missed many periods. Normal?

I am a 25 year old female who had a complete thyroidectomy 09/10. After the surgery I stopped menstruating and have just gotten my first period this month. My levels have never been consistent and I have gone through 5 different levels of synthroid and levothyroxine and have had to change after every single blood test . Will I ever level out? Was it normal and/or safe to miss so many periods? Will this negatively effect my ability to conceive?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013