Had TIA. Why is there face pain, slurry speech and memory problems?

I recently had a TIA, my symptems did not present all at once & so I was not treated until a week later. I am still having pain in my face & although I was slurring my words & saying the wrong words, my balance is still not what it was, I am all over the place. I am having memory problems as well. I am not seeing the consutant for another 6 weeks & wondered how long I will be like this. I am,female, 56 years old, non smoker & weight 15st 8lbs.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012