Had Polymyalgia rheumatica. Weaning off Prednisone. Last reading was 9.9 CRP. Suggestions?

Hi Doctor; I am Female 54 yrs old . 1st read was 65 CRP (Polymyalgia Rhuematica) How would you recommend a person weans off prednisone . I have been on it since July 2012 10mg bid for 6weeks and weaned down have had a setback before (at 4mg Oct) I am now on 4.75 mg going down 1/2 a mg per 4 weeks and I am 1/4 them in the 4th week but this means I ll be till the end of Sept . My last read was 9.9CRP. Any new info on this disease would be helpful . Thanks Deb M.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013