Had Pilonidal sinus operation, incision and draining from open wound, with blood. Is it infected?

hello, last week i had an emergency operation for a pilonidal sinus which was an unusually large cavity on both sides of my butt and was not going towards my head like usual infections it was just getting larger. I had incision and drainage with an open wound but even though the wound is extremely close to healing the amount of blood and smelly blood that is coming out is unusually larger, my nurses agree. The wound smells a lot and there is so much blood that it goes up my back and legs then turns into black clumpy scabs.. is the wound infected or is this normal?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013