Had Partial Hysterectomy, developed sharp pain in pelvic area. Is it due to ovulation?

I had a partial hysterectomy Dec 2011. About three months later I started having very sharp pains in my pelvic area. I had an ultrasound done last week and was told everything was normal and that s it s probably due to ovulation . It is very painful and is now occuring 1-2 times a month. To me it feels like contractions and I don t understand why it s so painful and can anything be done about it w/o having another surgery?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013