Had Nexplanon contraceptive implant fitted whilst surgical abortion. Can I have sex right after abortion and implant fitted ?

i had a Nexplanon contraceptive implant fitted in yesterday, whilst having a surgical abortion as i had a miscarriage and they told me i should only have sex after a week.. Do i need to wait for a week or can i have sex right after the abortion and the implant fitted in, as i seem to only be bleeding very very lightly. I am going to be using a condom of course so that i don t have any infections, isn t that the main reason why they ask us to wait for a week till we recover from the abortion? I forgot to ask them yesterday, please help me
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013