Had Mirena removed, no periods, had unprotected sex, now brown spotting and cramping. What could this mean?

Hi, I have recently had a mirina removed and have not had a period since or in the past few years. I had unprotected sex on the weekend. The following afternoon i had brown spotting. I then got the morning after bill but it had probably been close to 24 hours after the intercourse. I am now at day 3 after and i have more brown blood and it is chunky.. also causing cramping. what could this mean ?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012
You are perhaps experiencing a withdrawal bleed secondary to the pill effect. Intake of the pill within the stipulated time offers 99% protection. As you do not know whether you ovulated and if so, when it happened and if you had the intercourse during the fertile period, you should wait for three weeks after the incident and get help from a specialist if you do not see a period by then. Hope you find this information useful. Wish you good health.