Had Mirena inserted for heavy periods. Had D&C done. Have prolonged spotting. What to do?

I had the IUD Mirena put in to help me with heavy periods. I had it put in in January and my periods have improved except i have spotting for up to 10 days after my period ends. I had to have a D&C done last October because i had some tumors and the Dr. thought that would improve my periods. He put the Mirena in as a last result. I started my cycle on March 28th and heavy bleeding started on the 1st and lasted 7 days, I am still spotting and have to wear a pad. I do not know what to do? I am going on age 40.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013