Had Mirena IUD implanted. Bacterial overgrowth, yeast infection. Swelling, soreness and redness in vagina. Help?

Hi, about one year and a half ago I had the Mirena iUD implanted and ever since then i ve been suffering from repeated vaginal discomfort. Tests from several Dr. visits came back with bacteria overgowth, but not long after being treated for yeast infection (with Flucanozole and other topical creams), the sypmtoms of itchy, irritated, sore and swollen labia has been reoccuring. I am not sexually active, but every other week it seems (after applying nystatin cream which provides some relief for a few days then I stop using it) the swelling, soreness and redness, with what appears to be tiny red bumps, reappear on my labia minora , mostly. This problem has become very frustrating for me. Is it possible that the IUD is causing bacteria to build up in the vagina which results in the discomfort externally? Please note that my discharge is normal, no smell, but the soreness and discomfort externally remains. Is there anything I can take to eradicate this problem all togther? I ve been contemplating to have the IUD removed, any advise on this issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013