Had MRI of the orbits. White spots on brain. Diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Why is eye swelling?

i had an mri of the orbits because of eye swelling sclera and the tissues around the eye. the mri came back normal and noted that there are white spots on my brain. my doctor said not to worry about them. i have been diagnosed with hypothyroidsm and they recently found a non functioning pitutary adenoma . i thought eye swelling is usually contributed to hyperthyroidism . Any thoughts on the eye swelling or the white spots?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012