Had MOH procedure on the face. Is it possible to have rashes with stitches? Allergy to bandaids?

Hello, I had a MOH s procedure on my face (close to my lips ) 5 days ago. I was informed that the stitches were dissolvable. Is it possible to have a rash with these stitches? The area surrounding the stitches is red, bumpy and itches. Six years ago I had a similar surgery and had a reaction to the adhesive in the bandaids used to cover the incision and it did not heal properly. Is it possible that I could be allergic to the stitches and should I call the surgeon to remove them? Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012