Had MCL, microfracture previously. Cannot bend, no strength in knee while standing, pain in both sides of knee. Reason?

4 years ago i had MCL and microfractured done to my left knee. The micro was done to help buy time on a knee replacement . About 5 month i had a fall hurting the same knee. I did not think anything of it. I can t bend it to put socks or shoes on, need to push off the other leg to stand up. Sitting for a while no strength when i get up. Pain on both sides of knee cap. Any ideas what could be wrong
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013