Had Lyme disease, quit antibiotics to herbal supplements, causing stinging debris and itching. Is it a healing process?

Hi, Dr. Grief. I m Jan. I have had Lyme disease sine I was very young. I was an accomplished figure skater and the symptoms went away for decades while traing and coaching in freezing temps. My q to you is this: I took oral antibiotics and had to quit. Now I m taking a proven herbal supplement . I have had stinging debri like a stinger come out of my eye. Now I am itching quite a bit. Is this a healing crisis?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013