Had Lung damage due to heavy smoking. Can I travel altitude of 3000mtr?

6 month ago I was admitted in hospital for lung damage that time I used to smoke 20 to 25 cigerette and consume alcohol daily and it was fetal any how I recovered now I am OK my age is 63 oxygen saturation at present 97/94 and carbon-dioxide is 35/40 now I am planning to go altitude of 3000 mt is there any problem and I used to take cigarette one or two daily .I gave up takeing alcohol now please advice is there any problem and what to do
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013