Had HSG, pinching, spotting, bleeding heavy. Whats going on?

I had an HSG 12 days ago. And during the procedure I felt a lot of pain it felt like a pinching/pulling it was awful!! After for the next couple of days I was spotting which I had excepted. But it s been 12 days and I m still bleeding! And its pretty heavy more of a period bleeding not spotting anymore. What s going on??
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Hi Dear,
HSG is a test carried out to check the patency of the tubes of your womb. It is a really painful procedure as is carried out without any anaesthesia especially if there is some blockade of any type. Slight amount of bleeding is common after the procedure. This procedure is carried out on day8-10. lready 12 days has passed.May be the bleeding which you are having right now is your normal periodic bleed. Wait for 5-6 days, if it still continues, consult your doctor