Had EVD removed. Swelling in face, eye swollen. Should we worry?

My son is home from the hospital - he had his evd removed 4 days ago - yesterday was his first day home and now he has swelling on the same side of his face as the evd location - the swelling has not gotten worse in the last 12 hours but his eye is swollen shut - as long as it appears he has normal csf draining and no additional swelling - should mom and dad worry?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
As long as he has normal CSF drainage and no rise of ICP ( manifested as headache, projectile vomitings and rarely blurred vision) and no recently developed swelling, you don't have to worry.
Keep visiting the doctor for regular follow ups.
To make sure that every thing is in place, just get an eye examination.
Hope I helped. Take care..