Had DaVinci sigmoidectomy for acute and chronic diverticulitis. Frequent bowel movements. Am I still in the recovery stage?

I am 5 weeks post op from DaVinci sigmoidectomy for acute and chronic diverticulitis the 3 week mark, i was having normal, formed, easy to pass stooll...However, in the pst week all that has changed. I am constantly running to the bathroom with frequent bowel movements that are not and night...I am eating a pretty normal diet with the exception of spicy or fried foods.....I am paying attention to my fiber intake and water....Am I still in an adjustment phase of my recovery ?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013