Had C-scetion. ALT-SGPT abnormal. Can augmenten be the reason?

Hi, I am a 32 year old female with a BMI of 31.4. I had a baby 4 months ago through a c-section. I have had 2 babies in the past 2 years, and in my last pregnancy I had gestational diabetes . Though it was controlled by diet and I did not take any medication for it. I have a history of PCOs since 15 years. Since the past 3 weeks I had been feeling very drowsy, it felt almost like a jet-lag. I started getting pangs of hunger even though i had eaten my last meal just 2-3 hours before. I checked my blood sugar levels regularly for about 4 days, ( all random though) and the results were between 90-108. I visited a local practitioner and he prescribed some tests. All came out normal except my Insulin Fasting which was 23.30 uU/ml ( normal range being between 1.0 - 17.5) and my ALT - SGPT which was 124 U/L. ( normal range 30-65) After seeing these results he had me screened for Hepatitis B and C. Both came out below the cut off level. One thing I would like to point out is that all throughout August my sleep pattern was very disturbed. I was hardly getting around 4-5 hours of sleep. Also I had very high anxiety during this period. I had been severe acidity in the past 3 weeks. Now I am taking Omeprozole and Gaviscon. Although it has made me feel much better and I am not drowsy. I feel a faint pain in my sternum after having food, which gets better after I take gaviscon. and since the past 2 days I have slight pain in my abdomen, similar to the period pain. I also took a course of Augmenten 365mg plus Iboprufen 200mg (twice daily). My practitioner said this could also be a cause of high sgpt. However I just wanted to get another opinion. What could this be and what should I do to decrease the insulin levels. N
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012