Had Bartholin cyst lanced. What care should be taken? Have pus formation. Need antibiotics?

Hi I got a bartholin cyst lanced on thursday. My doctor didn t give me any antibiotics and almost didn t give me any pain medication. Plus she didn t really tell me what to do once the saline balloon catheter fell out. It fell out sunday. So I was wondering what kind of after lancing wound care I should be doing? It s still draining and there is still a lot of pus when I look shine a light in it and look in a mirror. I have been putting gauze over it and have to change it a lot. Was there something else I could do to make sure it doesn t get infected again? Should I be taking antibiotics since it is still draining pus and blood? It s been 5 days and hasn t stopped.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013