Had ACL reconstructed. Having high sugar levels after surgery. Ways to bring it down?

I got my ACL reconstructed on the 15th of Feb. I am 35, and i am a type 2 diabetes patient since 2008. I take metformin/vildagliptin (1000mg/50mg) twice a day. I was asked to stop this medication 2 days prior to the surgery and was advised to start taking the medicine only 2 days after the surgery(17.02). But my sugar levels, regardless when I check are always high - averaging some 170 fasting . But prior to the surgery, I was averaging 105. Is there a way to bring my blood sugar back to my pre-surgery levels? Or how long will it take for me to get back to normal?. Is this something I must worry about or can I just wait?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013