Had 7 spinal ops, dose of mrsa ended with isolation. Taking oxynorm. Can I slowly reduce the dosage?

ive been though 7 spinal ops including a bad dose of mrsa which ended up with 6 weeks in isolation. ive therefore been on oxynorm for 4 years and last month was taking 180mgs per day. i ran out of tabs and ended up going cold turkey for 4 days until i could get another prescription. i was so scared and the symptoms were awful .. massive pain, horrendous nausia .. green vomit (sorry). anyway i now want to come off them completely but cannot do it cold turkey. my plan is now to do 80mgs pd for this week, 60mgs pd next week, 40mgs then 20mgs then stop. is this a sensible course of action? i never, ever want to go through the last 4 days again. thank you
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  24 Awaiting Answer