Had 2 stents inserted in the artery. Having persistent cough since then. Cause?

I have had 2 Xience v Stents place in my artery and since that I have had a chronic cough that I can get rid of. I had the first stint put in and we thought at the time that I had the flu because I had flu like symthoms I have received a z pack from my doctor and some cough medicine and it seem to be ok at the time 2 weeks later I had the same kind of stint put in and it started all over again and I have been on cough medicine ever since. My primary doctor thinks that it is from the medicine that is on the stints.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012