Had 2 miscarriages in 3 months due to hypothyroidism. Given medicines. Some improvement. Thinking of reducing dosage. Suggestions?

I am a 34 year old female. I had 2 miscarriages this year within3 months, with the second pregnancy the doc tested my thyroid and my tsh was in the 6. range, so they put me on 50mcg of levothyroxine , I miscarried about a month later. I have been on the 50 mcg since, my levels changed drastically and tsh is now 0.02 with a t4 of 1.5 and t3 of 96. I have gone to my nurse practitioner and asked why this is, she wants to continue keeping me on the 50, but I feel and have researched, that I am getting over medicated. I don t have the money or insurance to go to a specialist, but I am thinking of cutting my pill in half on my own and just wait for the results in 3 months when I go for another blood test . I feel I am very in tune with my body and in the last 2 months or so I have had some major anxiety attacks and emotional melt downs that have caused me to almost leave my family. Deep depression . Any advice you can give me is very appreciated. Thanks so much, Cyndi G.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012