Habit of sucking gum. Irritating, small white bump in the mouth in the place of sucking. Suggest

I have a small white bump inside my mouth on right side top of my cheek right at the top of where my tooth begins does not hurt at all. In past I had a major tooth ache and I got in a horrible habit of sucking on my gum/ cheek where the tooth hurt it just made it feel better i know horrible its 2nd to last tooth on my right side . Anyways The bump can literally fit right inside the crevis of where I used to suck on its weird it really seems to fit perfectly . But I have had it for more then two weeks. I do smoke well I did smoke I quit going on almost a month . I really have not noticed the bump in past but now it's just bugging me cause its there. I tried cutting if off I know again very stupid cause it seemed to just make worse . DO NOT WANT TO GO TO DRS anything u can say or suggest besides see a dr that c,an help.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013