Habit of eating raw rice. How to get rid off it? Does it increase vaginal discharge?

Hi doc, I am a 15 year old girl and I simply can't stop eating raw rice, I have tried to but the most I have gone without eating raw rice is 2 weeks and then I just gave up and couldn't stop. I would like to know how I could stop this habit and I also think that eating raw rice can give you excess vaginal discharge which is bad in my case. I really need help!!!
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
hello and welcome to healthcare magic forum!
Eating raw rice may be a form of a disorder called pica. Pica is an appetite for non-foods (e.g.,

paper, coal, chalk etc.) or an abnormal appetite for some things that may be considered foods, such

as food ingredients (e.g., fllour, raw potato, raw rice, starch). Exposure to infectious agents via

ingestion of contaminated rice is a potential health hazard associated with pica, particularly if the rice

is unwashed. It is usually indicative of some form of underlying nutritional deficiency. Please see ur

doctor who will evaluate ur problem perhaps start dose of vitamin or mineral supplements. Pica is a

also a habit which would require psychologic counselling or aversion therapy for a cure of the

behavioural disturbance.

Good wishes