H.Pylori infection. Triple therapy test positive. Husband tested negative. Repeat test for husband?

After a year of suffering a variety of gastric issues, I was finally tested for the H. pylori bacteria. Test came back positive. 3 days ago I started the 14 day triple therapy . My husband has since been tested too, his result was negative. From what I understand, the bacteria is passed thru saliva , how is it possible he is not infected too? He has no symptoms. Should he insist on taking the triple therapy regardless of his negative result? I cannot bear to be re infected again.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012