HPT tested positive and ultrasound tested negative for pregnancy. What's going on?

hi doc,i went for a pregnancy test which shows hcg positive but the ultrasound shows nil cyesis. the doc told me to repeat the scan in tree weeks which i did but the result still shows nothing sighted. to be absolutely sure, i went for another pregnancy test with a blood sample at the instruction of the doc before going for the aforementioned scan but the result is still showing nil cyesis. * the first test was with a urine sample. pls doc whats going on inside me?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012